Saturday, November 8, 2008

Tribute to Jerry Swalley



A great man recently left this life to be with his Heavenly Father. Jerry Swalley passed away last August, after retiring from the Swalley Music store in Boulder, Colorado, which he had owned and operated for 35 years. He was my employer for only three of those years, but during that time I was inspired by his warmth and amiable personality.

I loved working for Jerry. He was always pleasant, loved to tell stories, and usually found a way to laugh about everything, regardless of how unsettling the circumstances may have been. Although he knew he had Dementia, I often tried to convince him otherwise. His recollections of the store during better times were so enjoyable that I wished I could have been a part of it then. I learned from his wisdom and from his example.

Jerry Swalley was a great man. His family should be proud of the legacy he left behind in the hearts of many through his generosity and kindness.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home